Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday

Breakfast: Banana crepes with maple syrup & grapes.

Going thorough a bit of a crepe phase, I am getting quite good at making them now.

*********************************

Vanilla Scented Crepes
Makes 6 large crepes, perfect for 2 people
2/3 plain flour
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 TBS vanilla sugar (or just use 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 TBS sugar)
Pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients well, cover and leave to rest for an hour (you can skip this step if you are super hungry - I normally make the batter the night before so the crepes are ready to roll when we wake up).
Heat a pan and butter very lightly. Pour enough batter into the center of the pan to cover about 1/3 of its surface area then quickly pick it up and use a swirling motion to cover the rest of the pan. You may need to re butter the pan half way through. Make sure your pan is quite hot for nicely browned crepes that don't stick to the pan.

************************************ 

I used to make the crepes as we ate but I soon got tired of hopping back and forth to the stove between mouthfuls so I now make all the crepes in one go, stacking them up and covering them with foil to keep them warm and supple. Supple crepes....mmMmm!

I accidentally elbowed poor G in the face this morning as he scooted over for a sleepy hug and I reacted in my sleep by doing a stretch and my elbow smashed into his nose. So the first words out of G's mouth today was "Mmmmrrrrgghhhhhh..." and mine were "Sorry... sorry....sorry....zzzzzz" lol.

G and I keep waking up just before 6am every morning, this is really unusual for me as I normally like sleeping in. I blame our camp schedule as this is the time we normally wake up when we're there.

Cooking up something green for lunch...

Lunch: Creamy broccoli soup and bread

1 comment:

  1. Rabbit ears pepper grinder! Have you found that useful? I always am terrified I'm so rough with my utensils that I break the rabbit ears and I'll have the entire thing useless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...