Friday, October 28, 2011

Keeping it Simple

Lunch: Stir fried pak choy with garlic and oyster sauce. That's it.

Just keeping things healthy and light in the lead up to our Singapore and Penang trip next week. We've already planned a chilie crab dinner for our first night (Friday), we have a wedding banquet on Saturday, Sunday will probably be Japanese, and for lunch on Monday, we're taking my 85 year old grandma to DB Bistro Moderne, Daniel Boulud's restaurant at Marina Bay Sands (that hotel which looks like it has a ship on top of it.)

My Nonya grandma, who's name is Nellie, Mama Nellie as we call her ( and yes she is as cute as her name sounds),no longer likes Chinese food and prefers a juicy burger and fries any day over a bowl of congee or a plate of chicken rice. "Jelak already!" she says, which means "I'm tired of it!" I supposed after more than 80 years of eating mostly Chinese food, I'd be sick of it too! Hence we are taking her to Mr Boulud for some French-American cuisine. As my grandma is getting on in her years and now no longer wants to travel, we don't get to see her as often as we'd like. So this lunch will be really special for my family as my mum and dad (who live in Perth) and brother (who lives in Sydney) will also be there. We just need my little sister (who is Melbourne based and sadly couldn't make the trip) there to make it one big reunion.

I've never been to Marina Bay Sands before so I'm excited to go check it out. I won't be lazy and I'll bring our proper camera this time for the food and family snaps (if you haven't noticed everything on this blog has just been shot with my iPhone 4, ha!).

Then on Tuesday we are off to Penang for four days of even more eating ... sigh, it makes me happy yet very very full just thinking of it.

Afternoon snack: Sabah tea, dried cranberries and butter cookies.

*oh dear...look at that crooked picture! Tsk tsk!

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog! It's so fun to see what others eat. :)

    Are you using a photo app on your iPhone, or editing the photos afterward? They look great! I've been wanting to shoot more for the blog with my phone, because it's so much easier to carry than my dSLR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal, and YAY! to me, you're my very first commenter :)

    Ohh, I am keeping things really fuss free with my photo taking and just upload my pics from my phone to the Instamatic app, pick a filter, then from there I use photo bucket to upload it to my blog via my iPad. So no laptop even. I like to make things real easy so I can just blog on the go during the day. Any more complicated and I'm afraid I'll get too lazy to blog >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I feel so honored!

    That sounds like a good idea - straight from iPad to blog. I'm so addicted to my camera and laptop that it might be harder for me to switch to iPhone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...