Thursday, October 20, 2011

Around the apartment


So we've been living in our apartment for about 10 months now and I'm proud to say that this is by far the neatest I have ever kept my home. I must be growing up! Ha, well it could be also due to the fact that we are so often away (up at camp) and that we have so much space! Just over 1800 square feet, which is like a warehouse when you compare it to our teeny studio apartment in Melbourne. Filling it up with furniture though has been a challenge as furniture styles in KK are about 30 years behind....and sadly in very bad taste :(. Yesterday however, G and I stopped by the Teak Furniture Warehouse in Putatan where we bought our dining table. We got lucky and finally found our bedside tables as well as a really cute credenza which has a bit of a Scandinavian look to it. I was most excited! The delivery men should be arriving in an hour with our new finds.

This is my cupboard above the kitchen sink which is in really easy reach from my workspace so I put all the things I use often in there like my ramekins, measuring cups, strainers, juicer, graters, chopping boards, and my little bowls and plates.

Ze kitchen sink. Every time we make a trip overseas, I invariably go to Ikea (there isn't one in KK) and bring back things for the house. The magnetic knife rack was one purchase which I love. The little plant in the pink pot are my anthuriums which are dying a very slow and painful death....I must do something about that..

I have these funny little shelves in my wardrobe which can't really hold much so I use them to put my jewellery, a couple of shoes and odds and ends.

Sorry about the randomness, I'll do a better apartment tour down the blog track :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...