Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday




It was Aussie pikelets for brekkie. Pikelets are basically mini pancakes. We had them with butter and the yuzu jam we brought back from Sapporo. Delicious.

Half way through however I decided I wanted something savoury so I left G to finish up the pikelets and made myself a fried egg with curried potatoes. I put a squeeze of lemon on the potatoes as I was frying them and they were surprisingly good. So I bought more potatoes to take up to camp tomorrow along with lots of oranges, chicken, pork, strawberry yoghurt and cabbage.

So I get to spend my 32nd birthday up at camp on Sunday! I don't know why I put the exclamation mark in after that sentence because I'm not that stoked to spend my birthday at camp, but at least I'll be with my lovely Mr G and the doggies. We'll have to hold off the celebrations till Tuesday when we head to the B&B up in Kundasang. We've booked two nights at a place called Magic Mountain. I can't wait be there with a bottle of wine, a book,
a cardigan and enjoy the cool mountain air with G. It'll be lovelee!

Teaspoon's Curry Fried Potatoes
You'll need:
1 potato, diced into small cubes
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Seasalt
Squeeze of lemon

Method:
Fry the onion in some olive oil, then add potatoes and garlic. Add in the curry powder and salt. When potato is nearly cooked, squeeze in some lemon juice. Serve hot with a fried egg for a scrumptiously different breakfast.


Afternoon snack: US Joanna red plum. Crunchy and sweet.
We get the most beautiful sunsets in KK. The sky turns amazing shades of reds, purples and pinks every evening. G snapped this pic at the traffic lights on the way back from the bank.
Dinner: Grilled prawns with cayenne, cinnamon and lemon and stir fry broccoli.
Dessert: Koko Black chocolate, a present to G from my sweet mum. G let me have the last piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...