Saturday, October 29, 2011

Friday Feeds

Breakfast: 2 slices of Croque Monsieur and half a glass of milk

Lunch: Cold green tea soba with dipping sauce.

This is my go to lunch when I'm on my own as G for some reason doesn't like cold noodles. He also doesn't like lentils, cold chicken (unless it's in a salad), chawanmushi, chickpeas, kidney beans (any sort of legume really), snow pea shoots, Chinese jelly (though he loves jello) and risotto.

Today's grocery haul. Just a small haul. (Japanese rice, panko bread crumbs, organic wholemeal flour, pickles, oranges, corn, organic cherry tomatoes and seaweed) This time I'm going to keep the rice in the fridge because last time moths hatched out after a couple of weeks and I had to throw my expensive rice away. Apparently it's the humidity here that causes this :(

I had this great plan to make a miso-mayo baked salmon dish for dinner tonight but the salmon at my local supermarket didn't look too fresh so I had to make a quick menu change and decided to try my hand at onigiri (rice balls!) tonight :D. I'm a also hoping to do something with that corn as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...