Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New loves

Breakfast was extra delicious this morning washed down with a funky new juice I made up - apple, guava, orange, carrot and the secret ingredient...beetroot! It made such a gorgeous looking drink. I definitely will be adding beets into my morning juice from now on.

Then it was over to my in law's house to check on our two new loves...Angus and Skittles. They are four and a half month old American Staffys and they have been taking up most of our attention over the past 4 days.

Angus

Skittles

I normally prefer the calmness of adult dogs to the frantic playfulness of puppies, but these two monkeys have already won my heart. Angus especially with his big wide pink mouth and his sleepy puppy eyes. He loves nothing more than a cuddle and will sit down straight way when you give him a pat as if to say "Ahh...that's nice, keep going, I'll stay here awhile."

Skittles is the larger and more boisterous of the two. She is extremely curious and has the maddest rabbit ears . One points forward and the other backward, giving her the most comical appearance. I think they suit her personality to a tee.

The other dogs have been great with the pups so far. Playing with them and putting them in their place when they get too rough. Gid intends to take the pups up to camp next month after they get their final vaccination so i'm hoping they'll get along well with Pinkie, Milo, Chilie and Liko as well.

I know I'll miss these little guys when I leave for Perth in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...