Monday, August 20, 2012

And our boy arrives...

 

And so he is here.

Our big bruiser. All 8 pounds 8 ounces of him arrived at 2.11am on Saturday the 11th August 2012, four days overdue. If I had an inkling of how big he was going to be I would have had a heart attack for sure. Ignorance was definitely bliss on this occasion.We've named him Levi. He was going to be an Elias for about 6 months so I still can't believe we changed his name right at the very last moment. But it feels right and I love it. Levi - our little man. I'll be saying this name over a billion times in my lifetime.Everything is still so new, I'm still trying to process it all. Gid is too....the fact that we have finally become a mum and dad! It's hard to wrap our heads around it. So we just take things one moment at a time, enjoying our little dude, learning all his funny quirks, his likes and dislikes (Likes: his milk - A LOT. Dislikes: having his leg touched when he is drinking) and delighting in his thousand expressions.He is already turning out to be a little Hercules and can hold hid head up on his own for a few seconds. When we put him on his stomach for tummy time a couple of days ago, he could lift and turn his head from one side to the other. We're attributing it his strong jungle boy genes. Yesterday he let out a high pitched "heeheehee" laugh on three occasions while giving an open mouthed grin. It completely shocked and delighted me.So we are in Perth at the moment, staying at my parent's place. Mum and Dad have been wonderful and seeing to our every need. Cooking meals, washing clothes, taking care of Levi which allows us to nap during the day or pop out to the shops. It's been so special too watching them in their new roles as Grandma and Grandpa. They've waited a long time for this. Grandpa's specialty is baby napping Levi in the mornings. He wants to hold him all the time. Mum claims she is so rusty and has forgotten all her baby knowledge, but I think differently. Watching her with Levi, I can see all her instincts come back. She calms his so effortlessly and is such a natural mother. I pick up all sorts of tips just watching her with him.And Gid. I always knew he would be a great father but he has gone above and beyond everything I could expect a new father to do. In eight short days he has become an expert burper, bottle feeder, nappy changer, bottle cleaner and baby bather. Always anticipating my needs he fetches me water, brings me cereal in bed, makes sure I am comfy when breast feeding, provides comic relief and helps me to feel more confident as a new mum."We're a team." he says. .......Big breath.......It's a whole new world now....one with Levi in it :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...