Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'm back :)

Well hello there! Long time no blog. Well I'm back, for today at least :) I've kinda missed this little blog of mine. Things have been busy around here to say the least. When I last left off my dear doggie Pinkie was very unwell...well the good news is she has made a 100% recovery and is as obnoxious as ever much to Gid's despair! It turned out she didn't have kidney failure and had a blood parasite instead which was treatable with a course of antibiotics...so all is well on the doggy front :) And in other other news....I have a bun in the oven! Yep, Gid and I baked up a little wee one back in November and he (yes it's a BOY!) will be due in early August. I actually have only a month left in KK before I head to Perth to deliver this bub. I'll be staying with my parents for about 4 months before we come back to KK. I still find it hard to believe I'm going to be a mum. It's just been Gid and I for the past 11 years and now we are going to add a new buddy to our pack. It's exciting and surreal and a little nerve wracking at the same time. Anyways, I took a bunch of food pics today that I want to share. First up we have breakfast!
I had these grand plans of whipping up a batch of hollandaise sauce to go with my eggs but after I got out my blender and re-read the recipe I put it in my "too-much-work-for-one-person" basket and decided to just go with Kewpie mayo as an accompaniment. With a sprinkling of paprika, salt and pepper, it worked out really nice. We also bought ourselves a Hurom Slow Juicer this week. I've had my eye on this lovely machine for ages and was so stoked to find a dealer selling it over here. When I saw their demo stall set up in City Mall I squeezed Gid's hand so hard he complained I bruised it lol. Today's juice was an apple, orange, cucumber and guava concoction. I love that I can just gulp down a glass and not have to worry about my fruit consumption for the rest of the day. The best thing about the juicer is that it takes me about 3 minutes to clean it up so I don't mind using it every day. Plus watching it poo out all that colourful pith as it grinds is endlessly entertaining to me for some reason.
My morning entertainment - Hurom poo pith!
I also baked up some honey cornbread which I slathered with salted butter - it was sweet and soft yet had a bit of crunch from the polenta. I had two fat slices.
Lunch was home baked bread with ham, snow pea sprouts, cheddar, mustard, and cashews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...