Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Home again

The holiday ended for us on Saturday and it was straight up to camp on Sunday. We came back a little worn out with both of us nursing bad colds but oh what a fantastic trip we had!

Singapore was hectic as usual where we walked for miles and miles all over Bugis Junction and Orchard. I bought colourful tops at Kiss Jane and gold glitter polish at Sephora. I had lunch with my grandma and got to do some long overdue bonding with my cousins at the wedding. I had bak kut teh (pork bone tea soup) for breakfast, I had tofu cheesecake for brunch, I had chicken rice for lunch and black pepper crab for dinner.

And then it was on to Penang, where we ate even more, scouted around the antique shops, searched high and low for Assam laksa, got familiar with my heritage at the Peranakan museum, drank RM80 civet poo coffee (tasted kinda like regular coffee), and stayed in an old coffee shop that had been converted into a beautiful Malaysian terrace house.

I have heaps of photos of the trip but they are stuck in our real camera (not my phone :p) and I'll get them out and stick them on here when I'm feeling a little more motivated.

For now, I'll leave you with a few pics taken since we came back.

Two sickies need chicken soup. This is the violet-hued chicken soup I made at camp. The violet bit was purely accidental and came from the pretty purple cabbage I added to the broth. It was good to get back to pure simple foods after all the heavy food we had on holiday.

I then made a tuna and pasta salad. You can see I'm really loving this purple cabbage. I'm scattering it in everything.

Is it a dog...or a giant cat?

This photo of Milo cracks me up. His crazy ears and long tail make him look positively feline from behind.

This is a rare shot. Even though you can't see Pinkie's face, I managed to snap all five dogs in one frame.

Pinkie was feeling a little under the weather and was extremely grumpy. This is the type of baleful looks she was shooting me all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...